If you are looking for a new hobby or know someone who is, look no further. Here are 30 new hobby gift ideas that are affordable, fun, and perfect for adults and mature teens, any time of year.
This blog post is packed with ideas for new hobbies, perfect for anyone from beginner to expert. So what are you waiting for?
Whether it’s Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas, a teenager’s birthday, or even Valentine’s Day, these 30 new hobby gift ideas will make any new hobbyist happy!
Just click on a photo or link to learn more!
DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive an affiliate commission or compensation (at no extra cost to you!) if you purchase anything through one of the links below. For more information, please refer to the Terms and Conditions link below.
1. This 75-Piece Wood Burning Kit by Aipudi comes with everything you need to explore the popular wood-burning hobby! There are numerous tips for making all kinds of designs, plus templates, colored pencils, and more. Everything is stored in a sturdy zippered case and costs less than $30.
2. Learn how to make living bonsai trees with this Bonsai Tree Kit! A well-maintained bonsai tree can last up to 100 years and is a hobby that will delight any maker, young or old.
3. The Wood Whittling Kit with Basswood Wood comes with everything you need to learn how to carve small wood objects, including the tools, wood, gloves, and a nifty pouch to store everything in.
4. The Nuberlic 3-Pack Embroidery Kits for Beginners come with everything you need to learn the ancient art of embroidery. This kit is the perfect gift for friends, kids, and family.
5. Growing your own culinary herbs has never been easier with this Complete Kitchen Herb Grow Kit. This set comes with a wooden flower box that fits on a kitchen windowsill and includes seeds for growing sage, cilantro, dill, arugula, and chives.
6. If you know someone who wants to make candles to use or sell, this Pebble & Stem Soy Wax Candle-Making Kit is the bomb! It comes with everything you need to learn the art of candlemaking, including candle-making supplies and essential oils. It also has containers and labels to gift or sell your new candles!
7. If making soft goods like stuffed animals and felt ornaments are your jam, then check out this Needle Felting Starter Kit. Your efforts can make wonderful gifts easily sold on ETSY or in retail shops.
8. Making wood jewelry is a great way to earn extra money. And you can learn how to make beautiful wood rings with this DEUXPER Sandalwood Ring Craft Kit. The kit contains everything you need to get started for this hobby, including six types of exotic woods.
9. If you are a gin lover, you will love this DIY Real Gin Making Kit. The kit contains everything you need to make your delicious gin and includes bottles, botanicals, spices, recipes, labels, and even a stainless steel flask!
10. A very profitable hobby is personalizing jewelry for people, and this set has everything you need to get started! The STMT D.I.Y. Hand Stamped Jewelry Kit is a starter set that includes the stamps, tools, and blanks needed to get started in this fun and potentially profitable hobby.
11. Crocheting has made a huge comeback recently and is a relatively inexpensive hobby to do and is easy to learn. This premium 73 Piece Crochet Kit comes with crochet hooks, yarn balls, needles, and accessories. Plus, it comes with a canvas tote bag so you can bring it anywhere!
12. Learn how to tumble stones with this National Geographic Starter Rock Tumbler Set. The high-quality set. It sells for under $50 and comes with everything you need to get started on this fascinating hobby.
13. Have you dreamed of developing your own special hot sauce to sell at farmer’s markets, online, or in retail establishments? If you do, you’ll love this deluxe hot sauce-making kit. The set comes with three varieties of chili peppers, a gourmet spice blend, three bottles, and 11 Labels.
14. If you or your person wants to learn the popular art of macrame, this kit is perfect. The DIY Macrame Wall Hanging Kit comes with three patterns, the cord, wooden dowels, and instructions. You’ll be tying knots and making fabulous designs in no time!
15. Rock painting has become very popular and is a relatively easy hobby to learn! All you need is rocks, paint, brushes, and some good designs, and you can make beautiful gifts, paperweights, garden art, and more for pennies. This rock painting kit has all the basics and more for you to get started immediately.
16. If you or your teens are keen on learning the basics about electronics or robotics, this starter kit is amazing. The ELEGOO Mega Project kit is the ultimate starter kit for beginner programmers and electronic engineers. It comes with loads of components and a detailed tutorial, and the kit is compatible with Arduino IDE software.
17. Learn how to make gourmet chocolate truffles with this deluxe chocolate truffle-making kit. This kit teaches the basics to create your own line of delicious truffle candies for your friends, family, and more.
18. Polymer clays are amazing for budding jewelry makers and sculptors. This VICNOVA modeling clay starter kit comes with 50 various-colored clays, tools, components, beads, and accessories. It comes neatly packed in a sturdy container with a handle for easy storage.
19. Airbrushing is an incredibly versatile skill for painting canvases, cars, nail art, and even cake decorating. This mini air-brushing kit includes all the tools you need to get started, including a tiny compressor! You supply the paint and the talent.
20. Start making your own line of greeting cards with this card-making starter set! The kit has enough embellishments, envelopes, and card blanks to create 15 designs.
21. Homemade resin jewelry and gifts are hot, hot, hot today! And this 219-piece beginners resin jewelry-making kit comes with everything you need to get started, including molds, tools, resin, and jewelry components.
22. This deluxe GC Quill Calligraphy Pen Set comes with seven fountain pens, a variety of nibs, and 40 ink cartridges in different colors. It also comes with instructions for learning this beautiful hobby.
23. Begin throwing your own vases, mugs, plates, and more with this VEVOR pottery wheel. This is a great beginner’s throwing wheel and comes with a large turntable, an easy-to-clean basin, a foot pedal, and tools. If you already have a kiln, just buy some clay and start throwing today!
24. The Weekend Warrior Fly Fishing Starter Package isn’t inexpensive, but it is complete. If you know someone who wants to learn how to fly fish, then this quality and highly rated kit is for them.
25. Learn how to draw with the Castle 40-piece drawing kit. It comes complete with charcoals, pastels, drawing pencils and more in a zippered carry case plus instructions.
26. If growing and preserving your own food is a hobby you want to learn, then here is the perfect starter kit. Learn how to can and preserve foods safely and properly with this stainless steel certified food grade canning set/pickling kit for beginners, The set also includes an extra wide mouth funnel for mason jars.
27. The 38-piece Caydo Screen Printing Set has four different sizes of frames, printing ink, masking tape, squeegees, tools, and even an apron.
28. If learning how to make things from leather is on anyone’s wishlist, this 415-piece leathertooling set is for them. It includes everything you need to work with leather including stamping sets, tools, knives, hammers, and more.
29. Learn photography with this quality Canon EOS Rebel DSLR camera set. The set includes an 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens, a wide angle 58mm lens, a 2x telephoto Lens, two 32GB SD Cards, a camera bag, filter set, a flash, and a three-section tripod.
30. This is one honey of a deal! The Hoover Hives beginning beekeeping set includes the brood box, leather gloves, beekeeper’s jacket, a reinforced veil, a smoker, a J-curve hive tool and more. For more instructions, check out the “Beekeeping for Beginners” book too.
Summary for 30 New Hobby Gift Ideas
So I hope these 30 great new hobby gift ideas will help inspire your friends and family to start on a fun new activity. Many of these can be done relatively cheaply and don’t require too much time or effort to get started.
So why not give the gift of a new hobby this holiday season or the next time you need a thoughtful gift for someone? Or better yet – treat yourself to a new hobby and try it out today!
- 20 Best Gift Ideas for Herb Gardeners
- 24 Best Astrology Gift For Any Occasion
- Best Gifts for Vegans Any Time of Year
- 10 Best Kitchen Gift Ideas Under $10
- 12 Artist Gifts Under $12